Help us change the conversation about cycling in Waterloo Region
We all feel it – growing momentum for cycling in our community. On beautiful summer days, the trails are crowded and in the winter we regularly see people on bicycles.
The Region and the cities have been making significant progress on safe, connected infrastructure. CycleWR has been busy pushing for greater action and changing the way projects are prioritized and designed. In 2020, at the Ontario Bike Summit, we were awarded Best Organization for “changing the conversation.” We will continue to advocate for all the factors that will enable a vibrant cycling community for all. Learn more about CycleWR and the progress we have made by amplifying, promoting and celebrating cycling throughout Waterloo Region.
Your membership fees will help us cover:
- Operational costs including website hosting, domain registration, printing costs and event materials, directors insurance, and our RideWithGPS membership
- Conference and travel fees for CycleWR members to network with and learn from other cycling advocates
- Things we haven’t thought of yet
Your membership benefits include:
- A quarterly newsletter
- Discounts at local bike shops: Ciclowerks, Grand River Cycle, King Street Cycles, McPhail’s Cycle & Sports, and Ziggy’s Cycle
(See current offers)
- Giveaways at CycleWR events
- Premium features on your free RideWithGPS subscription
- Voting rights at our AGM
- More coming…
A basic (“1st gear”) membership is $20, but you can upgrade to 2nd or 3rd gear to contribute more financial support for our work. We want to include everyone without barriers, so if you want to join but are unable to pay the membership fee, go for our free “Fixie” membership.